Re: Unable to boot GuixSD USB stick

From: Thomas Danckaert
Subject: Re: Unable to boot GuixSD USB stick
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2017 09:49:12 +0200 (CEST)

From: 良ϖ <address@hidden>
Subject: Unable to boot GuixSD USB stick
Date: Sun, 9 Apr 2017 18:46:18 +0000

However when I reboot the key isn't recognised by my laptop so I'm
unable to install it :'(

Any ideas how I could solve that?

Maybe one thing to try is calling 'sync' after the dd command that creates the image, to ensure everything is fully written, i.e.

dd if=guixsd-usb-install-0.12.0.x86_64 of=/dev/sdX && sync

(this has bitten me before)

otherwise it's hard to tell from the information you've provided:

Do you know if this is a specific issue with the Guix installation
image, or does it happen for other bootable USB media, too? Were you
able to use other bootable images on the same USB stick in the past?

I've had issues with specific combinations of USB sticks and laptops
in the past (though that was years ago).

Thomas