Re: tree doesn't get called

From: Catonano
Subject: Re: tree doesn't get called
Date: Mon, 8 May 2017 19:28:57 +0200

Mark,

Catonano <address@hidden> writes:
> So here's the package
> http://paste.lisp.org/display/345871
>
> What is wrong with it ?

Please always include the relevant code snippets in the email itself,
rather than using a paste site.  Paste sites are useful for contexts
such as IRC where pasting more than a few lines is inconvenient and
generally frowned upon, and where the discussions are ephemeral.

On the other hand, these email lists are archived and we would like the
archives to be comprehensible to future readers.  That will not be
possible for the emails in this thread after the code under discussion
has been deleted from the paste site, or the paste site goes offline.

There are also privacy implications to forcing the readers of your email
to click on a link, thus creating network traffic and a log on someone's
server, in order to see the core content of your message.

What do you think?

I'm ready to adhere to any guidelines set set by the community

I have no problem in pasting pieces of code directly in the emails body

I just hadn't considered the concerns you are raising

In fact, I'd paste code even on IRC channels, I don't do so because I have been requested to abstain from pasting code in chat channels in the past

But I don't understand the reason why that is not desirable, inconvenient and frown upon.

I just adhere to a costme that seems to be common and widely accepted, or even assumed.

I can do te same for mailing lists of course. I just thought the set of assumptions was the same

So I will follow your lead in the future, I have begun already !

In this same thread I reported errors and pieces of code pasting the wole thing in the email body

It's even more practical, like this !