Re: not an ELF file

From: Catonano
Subject: Re: not an ELF file
Date: Wed, 24 May 2017 13:10:21 +0200

Catonano <address@hidden> skribis:

> sudo guix pull succeeded
>
> guix pull fails with
> guix pull: error: guile-ssh-rexec-bug.patch: patch not found

Hmm, could you run “rm ~/.config/guix/latest”?

I could. But then, without a working guix, how would I reinstate it ?

Anyway, I linked .config/guix/latest to a local checkked out master branch I had

It seems to work

Ricardo made me aware that I could run "guix pull" from within any checked out guix and that would reset the .coni/guix/latest  to point to a guix subjected to the "guix pull" command

So it seems this is solved

I believe that these tricks related to .config/guix/latest  should be discussed, to some extent, in the manual

It's not just a configuration matter
It's about the substantial day to day use

I will open a new thread for this

In the meantime: thank you