Re: installing GuixSD on a Macbook Air A1304

From: Quiliro
Subject: Re: installing GuixSD on a Macbook Air A1304
Date: Sat, 10 Jun 2017 15:18:59 -0500

El Wed, 7 Jun 2017 11:29:02 -0500
Quiliro <address@hidden> escribió:

> El Thu, 20 Apr 2017 10:15:52 +0200
> address@hidden (Ludovic Courtès) escribió:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > Quiliro <address@hidden> skribis:
> >
> > > Would someone guide me how to install and configure GuixSD for this
> > > UEFI machine? Thanks
> >
> > Installing to UEFI from the GuixSD 0.12 installation image is rather
> > involved, so I would recommend waiting for the upcoming release, which
> > should have a solution for UEFI.  As you might have seen, Marius has
> > been working on it:
> >
> >   https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-devel/2017-04/msg00364.html
> >
> > Perhaps you can beta-test the new installation image when it’s ready?
>
> It boots marvelously. But I cannot install because I either have to use the
> USB WiFi or the USB installer because there is only one port and the embeded
> WiFi is non-free.
>
> I was told I could install it via the Debian that was installed on another
> partition. But I don't know how to do it. I have Guix installed in Debian.

I installed from Debian using:
guix system init /mnt/etc/bare-bones.scm /mnt
where /mnt is /dev/sda3 (which is also specified on bare-bones.scm). It was
correctly finished except it could not install GrUB. So it would not boot.
Moreover, rEFInd, the libre EFI boot loader, did not recognize GuixSD. So I
tryed 2 things:
1. Booting from the GuixSD USB installer and executing:
guix system reconfigure /mnt/etc/bare-bones.scm
but it would give error: cannot build derivation
2. From Debian I executed:
grub-install
But I get error:
/gnu/store/...-grub-2.02/lib/grub/x86_64-efi/modinfo.sh does not exist. Please
specify --target or --directory.
This has the same error with these also:
grub-install /dev/sda
grub-install /dev/sda --efi-directory=/mnt/boot/efi
Plus the GuixSD USB installer lacks
/gnu/store/...-grub-2.02/lib/grub/x86_64-efi directory.

How can I boot from the GuixSD installed partition?