Re: Extra files in build container

From: Gregor Giesen
Subject: Re: Extra files in build container
Date: Sat, 17 Jun 2017 08:58:48 +0200

Dear Ludo’,

thanks for the help!

On Fri, Jun 16, 2017 at 09:58:55AM +0200, Ludovic Courtès wrote:
> In cases like the one you describe, we usually end up modifying tests to
> use the numerical values for services and protocols rather than their
> names.
Unfortunately, this turns out to be quite cumbersome since in my case
(unittests for unbound) there is a lot of test data to be modified and
in many cases not only plain text but also encrypted records (DNSSEC
tests). On the other hand the values to be looked up are mostly “udp”
and “tcp” in /etc/protocols and “domain” in /etc/services, so I decided
that using a preload library for these few glibc calls just in case of
the unittest should do the trick rather than no checks at all. However,
it is an ugly hack and bloats the package definition.

> It would probably make sense to allow derivations to populate /etc
> though.
That might help!

Many thanks to all contributers for this very nice peace of software!

Best,
Gregor