Re: Implement power management (suspend, hibernate, resume) in Shepherd?

From: Ricardo Wurmus
Subject: Re: Implement power management (suspend, hibernate, resume) in Shepherd?
Date: Sun, 09 Jul 2017 14:15:32 +0200

Mekeor Melire <address@hidden> writes:

> Is there any nice way to suspend GuixSD by command? (I didn't yet try
> out ‘echo mem > /sys/power/state’.) Is it still desirable that Shepherd
> itself could get this job done?

My librebooted laptop sometimes … breaks in weird ways disabling all
hotkeys, including the switch that is used to suspend.  Whenever this
happens and I cannot reboot I use

    echo mem | sudo tee /sys/power/state

This works fine to suspend the laptop.  It does not lock it, though.

Usually, though it is enough to close the lid of this X200S.

--
Ricardo

GPG: BCA6 89B6 3655 3801 C3C6  2150 197A 5888 235F ACAC
https://elephly.net