Re: grub not properly installing in GuixSD

From: Joshua Branson
Subject: Re: grub not properly installing in GuixSD
Date: Sat, 22 Jul 2017 21:58:46 +0000

     So some new updates:

I can properly boot guixSD in UEFI from the grub command prompt! Aka I
chainload the operating system.  Unfortunately I do not know how to
chainload the OS and pass a kernel argument.  I need to pass nomodeset.

So I booted GuixSD in UEFI mode via (I'm writing from memory.  I think
this is the command I used):

set root=(hd0,msdos1)    (I think this is the vfat system)

chainloader (${root})/efi/boot/name-of-efi-file.efi

boot

Now the guixSD image boots just fine, BUT it fails when it tries to load
in raedon driver.  Is there a way to specify linux kernel boot
parameters?  Apparently you can when you load the kernel. aka linux
(hd0,1)/path-to-linux nomodeset

BUT I don't know where the linux kernel is on the usbstick.