How/When will guix pull stop to compile the 616 files?

From: Paul Dufresne
Subject: How/When will guix pull stop to compile the 616 files?
Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2017 20:59:18 -0400

I have seen it too many times already.

The first times, it was stopping because my machine hangs in the
desktop environment
if I let it without inputing stuff once in a while. My machine have
broken ACPI tables...
not your fault I suppose...

Next, after I learns to start it in tty terminal (Ctrl-Alt 2), it had
stopped at 96% because
of gc out of memory. I learn that 2 GB of memory was just too small
and had to activate
my swap partition for it to finished.

Oh, I also forgot that I learned to add the 2 exports line in my
.bashrc file because without
it it would complain guile-git is not installed, even if it is.

Well, I thought after first success, it would stop to compile it ...
but it seems to compile
it every time... or maybe if one of the 616 files changed, it have to
recompile them all?

I wonder, why it cannot recompile only the files that have changed.