Re: Firewall available? Also a note about one package...

From: Oleg Pykhalov
Subject: Re: Firewall available? Also a note about one package...
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2017 18:56:11 +0300

Hello,

RoundDuck Man <address@hidden> writes:

> About simplescreenrecorder, it says it isn't a package or something like
> that. Maybe the santax is different or I goofed up? I'll try again with it
> soon.

I see this package is available for installation, too.  Who did say
this?  Could you provide a running command and her output?

> Reposted it now so it's on the mailing list.
>
> On Aug 11, 2017 2:37 AM, "Arun Isaac" <address@hidden> wrote:
>

>> RoundDuck Man writes:
>>
>> > Is there a firewall package in GNU GuixSD? I can't find ufw or firewalld.
>>
>> Yes, ufw and firewalld have not yet been packaged.

Yes no such packages, but here is an example setting up firewall with
“system configuration” via defining “service”.

https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix/maintenance.git/tree/hydra/bayfront.scm#n45

>> > The other issue is that a package, simplescreenrecorder, isn't availible
>> at
>> > all, but is in the packages list.
>>
>> I don't understand. simplescreenrecorder is available and working (as far
>> as I can tell). Which package list are you talking about? Could you
>> please elaborate?

By the way, TOP posting (before quotes) is a bad thing on mailing lists,
as I know.

Thanks.