Re: Tip of the day: storing your GuixSD config in the instantiated syste

From: Andreas Enge
Subject: Re: Tip of the day: storing your GuixSD config in the instantiated system
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2017 12:30:19 +0200

On Fri, Aug 25, 2017 at 10:27:47PM +0200, Ludovic Courtès wrote:
> But wait: we can already store the config file in the instantiated
> system!  Here’s how:

That is an exciting trick, thank you, Ludovic!

As for making it a "default", this could be done in two ways:
- Add it as a service to %base-services.
- Add it to the configuration templates.
I am more in favour of the first option, as it puts less clutter into
the configuration file.

As Ricardo, I do not think we should leave out the argument to
"guix system reconfigure" - this is too much automation in my opinion,
it is good if users explicitly provide their desired configuration.
And if it is only a matter of adding "/etc/config.scm" to express that
nothing has changed and that just an update of the same packages and
services is to be done, then this can be done easily now.

Andreas