Re: How to build GnuCash with SQLite backend support?

From: Efraim Flashner
Subject: Re: How to build GnuCash with SQLite backend support?
Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2017 10:59:25 +0200

On Tue, Dec 05, 2017 at 03:56:02PM -0500, Gary Johnson wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I run Guix on top of Parabola. Recently, the GnuCash package from the
> AUR got into conflict with an old version of ICU, and now it won't build
> anymore. So...I decided to install GnuCash through Guix instead.
>
> Unfortunately, although it built correctly (yay Guix!), I can no longer
> open my accounts.gnucash file (in SQLite3 format). Instead, I just get a
> message from GnuCash saying that no suitable backend can be found for
> this format.
>
> I then looked at the gnucash.scm file here:
>
>   /usr/share/guile/site/2.2/gnu/packages/gnucash.scm
>
> And I found this:
>
> (arguments
>  `(#:tests? #f ;FIXME: failing at /qof/gnc-date/qof print date dmy buff
>    #:configure-flags '("--disable-dbi"
>                        "--enable-aqbanking")
>
> So I'm guessing that the "--disable-dbi" configure flag is the culprit
> here. However, I'm still a novice to the structure of Guix package build
> files, so I could really use some help. I tried removing the
> "--disable-dbi" flag from the #:configure-flags list, and then ran:
>
> $ guix package -f gnucash.scm
>
> on my new copy of the gnucash.scm file. However, guix just returns
> silently without doing anything. What am I doing wrong?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>   Gary

guix package -f my-file.scm works great when you have a file that
returns a package. In this case, gnucash.scm contains the definition of
a package and so it doesn't return anything. If it's still the package
in the guix git tree then you can just run `guix package -i gnucash', if
your copy of gnucash.scm resides outside of the git tree then you'll
need `guix package -L path-to-gnucash.scm-directory -i gnucash' in order
to install it from your custom location.

--
Efraim Flashner   <address@hidden>   אפרים פלשנר