Re: Bootstrapping on a new platform

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: Bootstrapping on a new platform
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2017 12:03:56 +0100

Hi Paul,

Paul Boddie <address@hidden> skribis:

> This resembling what I showed before. Meanwhile in the child process log
> (/tmp/guix.797) the clone call with EINVAL is this one:
>
> clone(child_stack=0xbffedfa4, flags=CLONE_NEWNS|CLONE_NEWUTS|CLONE_NEWIPC|
> CLONE_NEWPID|CLONE_NEWNET|SIGCHLD) = -1 EINVAL (Invalid argument)
>
> Again, this is using the 4.9.67 kernel.

This suggests that namespaces are not fully supported with this kernel.
The clone(2) page has this:

   EINVAL CLONE_NEWIPC  was specified in flags, but the kernel was not
configured with the CONFIG_SYSVIPC and
          CONFIG_IPC_NS options.

   EINVAL CLONE_NEWNET was specified in flags, but the kernel  was  not
configured  with  the  CONFIG_NET_NS
          option.

   EINVAL CLONE_NEWPID  was  specified  in  flags,  but  the kernel was not
configured with the CONFIG_PID_NS
          option.

   EINVAL CLONE_NEWUTS was specified in flags, but the kernel was not
configured with the CONFIG_UTS option.

Could it be one of these?

HTH,
Ludo’.