Re: ssh-daemon service fails to auto start

From: Martin Castillo
Subject: Re: ssh-daemon service fails to auto start
Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2018 19:49:16 +0100

On 29.01.2018 18:00, Ludovic Courtès wrote:
> Hi Martin,
>
> Martin Castillo <address@hidden> skribis:
>
>> i have a problem with the ssh-service. I want it to autostart on system
>> boot.
>>
>> my configuration is (similar to) desk,nossh.scm.
>
> I tried this config in ‘guix system vm’ and sshd is automatically
> started on boot, as can be seen with ‘herd status ssh-daemon’ etc.
>
> Does this config work for you in ‘guix system vm’?

No.

> Could you check /var/log/shepherd.log?  It will tell you which services,
> besides sshd, failed to start.
>
> ‘ssh-daemon’ depends only on ‘syslogd’, so as long as ‘syslogd’ is
> started, ‘ssh-daemon’ should start.

I checked /var/log/shepherd.log. Only user-homes and ssh-daemon could
not be started.

Has this maybe to do with missing randomness to create keys? (Even
though there are already server keys.)

Maybe shepherd should store the output of launched programs? Is that
really not possible? I can't be the first one to need that.

Martin

--
GPG: 7FDE 7190 2F73 2C50 236E  403D CC13 48F1 E644 08EC