Re: Moving packages over to new module

From: ng0
Subject: Re: Moving packages over to new module
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2018 09:51:16 +0000

Rutger Helling transcribed 1.1K bytes:
> Hello,
>
> I've added a new (gnu packages emulators) module. As a result a few
> existing packages from (gnu packages games) should be moved over.
>
> At first glance, this includes:
> desmume
> dosbox
> emulation-station
> higan
> mgba
> mupen64plus*
> nestopia-ue
> retroarch
>
> I'm a little unsure about how to handle the existing copyright notices
> however. What's the usual procedure for moving packages over?

The usual procedure to respect the people who contributed to the packages
is to move their copyright lines into the new module.

You can look at the output of git log for the module or use other tools
git provides for this.

--
ng0 :: https://crash.cx
A88C8ADD129828D7EAC02E52E22F9BBFEE348588 :: https://crash.cx/keys/