Re: Moving packages over to new module

From: Andreas Enge
Subject: Re: Moving packages over to new module
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2018 11:43:51 +0100

On Thu, Feb 22, 2018 at 10:57:06AM +0100, Ricardo Wurmus wrote:
> We need to move the copyright notices as well.  For that I usually look
> at the git log for the packages that should be moved.  Since we’re using
> predictable commit messages this can easily be grep’ed from the git log.

This would require to also look at all the other packages in the module,
to decide whether the copyright notice should be moved or copied.
Maybe "git blame MODULE.scm" could also be helpful in that respect:
If used after the packages have been moved, it shows who has contributed
to the remaining packages.

Andreas