Re: Error system reconfigure with guix-latest

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: Error system reconfigure with guix-latest
Date: Wed, 07 Mar 2018 22:06:04 +0100

Jone <address@hidden> skribis:

> But further in an output I see something, similar to compilation of
> packages (for "ffmpeg" and
> "icecat-52.6.0"), as in Gentoo. Well, that is exactly the output of GCC!
> Possibly, this take time..

If you’re unlucky, substitutes are not available yet from the substitute
servers and thus you end up building things locally:

  https://www.gnu.org/software/guix/manual/html_node/Substitutes.html

You can try adding https://berlin.guixsd.org to --substitute-urls.  This
is a separate build farm that may be faster than hydra.gnu.org.

Ludo’.