Re: keyboard layout and system locale

From: Chris Marusich
Subject: Re: keyboard layout and system locale
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2018 04:59:17 +0100

Catonano <address@hidden> writes:

> Can I set up the keyboard layout and my system locale (Italian) for my
> Gnome desktop in my conf.scm file ?
>
> Otherwise I have to click around in every throaway virtual machine I create
> in order to be able to use the desktop environment

You may also be interested in the console-keymap-service, as mentioned
in (guix) Base Services.  It seems related.  Also, see section (guix)
Preparing for Installation, which briefly mentions "Keyboard Layout". I
found these by searching the index of the Guix manual for words like
"keymap" and "keyboard".

I'm afraid I don't have any useful advice regarding the slim-related
problems you're having, though.

--
Chris