Re: Emacs in multiple profiles

From: Konrad Hinsen
Subject: Re: Emacs in multiple profiles
Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2018 13:14:12 +0100

Alex Kost <address@hidden> writes:

> It is completely different: with "-Q", your .emacs file is not loaded at
> all, and with "--no-site-file", only the emacs packages from the guix
> profile are not autoloaded.  Isn't that what you wanted?

Not quite: I want it to autoload the packages from my current Guix
profile, not from my main Guix profile.

> If you want to autoload emacs packages from a guix environment (or
> similarly from any non-standard guix profile), you can do it like this:
>
> (let ((guix-env (getenv "GUIX_ENVIRONMENT")))
>   (when (and guix-env
>              (require 'guix-emacs nil t))
>     (guix-emacs-autoload-packages guix-env)))

Except that GUIX_ENVIRONMENT is defined only by "guix environment", not
by profiles. Otherwise this would be exactly what I want - and in fact
what I'd expect guix-emacs.el to do, instead of accessing the user's
main profile.

Konrad.