Re: units_cur

From: Pierre Neidhardt
Subject: Re: units_cur
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2018 16:45:29 +0530

> We could build it with --localstatedir=/var, but would the initial
> ‘currency.units’ be picked up?

Hmm, I don't see how that would work considering currency.units is
located at

        PREFIX/share/units/currency.units

Maybe I got you wrong.

What we want to do here is move PREFIX/share/units to a writable location.

With ./configure it's possible to move "datarootdir", but that also
moves the info and the man page.  Thus we need to rectify those 2 locations:

        > ./configure --datarootdir=/var --mandir=/usr/local/share/man
--infodir=/usr/local/share/info

Disclaimer: I don't know autoconf very well, I think we should use a
special syntax for PREFIX instead of /usr/local/.

The result should be

        /var/units/currency.units (and 2 other files)

--
Pierre Neidhardt