Re: units_cur

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: units_cur
Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2018 18:18:29 +0200

Pierre Neidhardt <address@hidden> skribis:

> Ludovic Courtès <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Looking more closely, you might be able to add a ~/.units file with:
>>
>>   include my-updated-currency.units
>
> Note that the actual command must start with a `!`, so it would be:
>
>    !include my-updated-currency.units

OK.

>> Could you check if that works?
>
> It does.  This would definitely work, but then what about the failing
> `sudo units_cur`?
>
> I think this should be documented.  Either by patching the documentation
> of units_cur itself so that if run with `sudo`, it displays the above
> hint instead.

Hmm, dunno.  Perhaps we could modify ‘units’ to look for
/var/run/units/currency.units first, and fall back to
/gnu/store/…-units/share/units/currency.units.

We would also arrange for ‘units_cur’ to update the file in /var/run by
default.

WDYT?

I’m not offering to work on the patch, though.  :-)

Ludo’.