Re: trouble with 'guix import hackage'

From: Leo Famulari
Subject: Re: trouble with 'guix import hackage'
Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2018 16:20:05 -0400

On Mon, Apr 02, 2018 at 04:10:54PM -0400, Scott N. Walck wrote:
> I'm so excited about Guix!  It's awesome!  I am trying to use
> 'guix import hackage' and I'm running into problems.

Okay :)

> $ guix import hackage address@hidden

This works for me on my Debian system...

> guix/build/download.scm:296:6: In procedure tls-wrap:
> X.509 certificate of 'hackage.haskell.org' could not be verified:
>   insecure-algorithm
>   signer-not-found
>   invalid

Did you try following the instructions related to X.509 Certificate
setup yet?

https://www.gnu.org/software/guix/manual/html_node/Application-Setup.html#X_002e509-Certificates-1

Those error messages suggest that `guix import` can't find the X.509
certificate store, which suggests that the cert store is either not
installed or the relevant environment variables are unset or set
incorrectly.