Re: Disable discrete graphics card (Nvidia)

From: Pierre Neidhardt
Subject: Re: Disable discrete graphics card (Nvidia)
Date: Sun, 08 Apr 2018 10:55:00 +0530

Thanks!

The `system reconfigure` completes successfully but after a reboot I get

        > xrandr --listproviders
        Providers: number : 2
        Provider 0: id: 0x66 cap: 0xf, Source Output, Sink Output, Source
Offload, Sink Offload crtcs: 3 outputs: 4 associated providers: 0
name:modesetting
        Provider 1: id: 0x3f cap: 0x0 crtcs: 0 outputs: 0 associated providers:
0 name:modesetting

I believe that if it weren't loaded, Provider 1 should not be listed.
It's what happens when I blacklist the kernel module.

Besides battery consumption is still higher than ideal.

--
Pierre Neidhardt