Re: `guix package -u` upgrades packages to themselves

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: `guix package -u` upgrades packages to themselves
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2018 10:32:22 +0200

Hello,

Pierre Neidhardt <address@hidden> skribis:

> Sorry if I was confusing:  the output remains the same after upgrade.

There’s also one case that’s currently handled suboptimally: packages
with propagated inputs are systematically upgraded.  See
<https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix.git/tree/guix/scripts/package.scm#n311>.

Clearly we should do better, probably by recursively checking whether
said propagated inputs would be upgraded.

Ludo’.