Re: guix fail to reconfigure the system

From: swedebugia
Subject: Re: guix fail to reconfigure the system
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2018 12:44:38 +0200

Hi

On 2018-04-27 06:07, Chris Marusich wrote:
Pierre Neidhardt <address@hidden> writes:

In general I think `guix system` error feedback tends to be a tad too
shy.  Are there some plans to make them more explicit and precise?
Did you know that you can ask for more verbose feedback with the
--on-error option?  See (guix) Invoking guix system for details.

According to the manual this is the default strategy:
nothing-special

Report the error concisely and exit. This is the default strategy.

Which in the case of Matija reports:
guix system: error: stat: No such file or directory: "system"
Maybe we should add to this error message an information about the ability to choose another error strategy (to have more information about what went wrong), e.g.:
guix system: error: stat: No such file or directory: "system"
Note: More information on the error is availiable by choosing another error strategy.
See (guix) Invoking guix system for details.
Cheers

Swedebugia