Re: On network management and documenting nmcli

From: Oleg Pykhalov
Subject: Re: On network management and documenting nmcli
Date: Fri, 11 May 2018 15:21:03 +0300

Hello Pierre,

Pierre Neidhardt <address@hidden> writes:

[…]

> I don't think any of this is mentioned at all in the manual: I believe
> something so essential should be very explicitly documented.
>
> I suggest we add some examples to the Installation info page, for instance:
>
>> nmcli device wifi
>> sudo nmcli d w connect "foo SSID" password "foo password"

I agree, except because of default user on an installation image is
‘root’ (as I remember) invoking a ‘sudo’ command is not required. Cannot
confirm it without burning a USB with installation image and QEMU cannot
boot it from my experience.

[…]

> Comments?

We could pick a ‘nmtui’ program as we pick ‘cfdisk’ instead of ‘fdisk’.

Oleg.