Re: On network management and documenting nmcli

From: Nils Gillmann
Subject: Re: On network management and documenting nmcli
Date: Sun, 13 May 2018 07:26:14 +0000

Devan Carpenter transcribed 1.4K bytes:
> Pierre Neidhardt transcribed 1.1K bytes:
> >
> > Devan Carpenter <address@hidden> writes:
> >
> > > Oleg Pykhalov transcribed 1.8K bytes:

> > > +1
> >
> > Is nmtui on the install image as well?
>
> I'm not sure. We should consider adding it, if not.

Yes, it is:

readlink $(which nmtui)
/gnu/store/kp99ls7p93j640ghsgfzma0fr9ql72p3-network-manager-1.8.4/bin/nmtui

If I remember correctly NM had something about PAM and groups so that you
could add connections.

Gentoo has a neat little tool in their install image.
net-setup detects cards and prompts you for passwords etc.
https://gitweb.gentoo.org/proj/livecd-tools.git/tree/net-setup