Re: Controling requirements when packaging haskell modules

From: Tonton
Subject: Re: Controling requirements when packaging haskell modules
Date: Thu, 17 May 2018 20:08:27 +0200

On Thu, 17 May 2018 16:18:49 +0200
address@hidden (Ludovic Courtès) wrote:

> Ton, could you update your patch series at:
>
>   https://bugs.gnu.org/31422
>   https://bugs.gnu.org/31423
>
> ?
>
> TIA!
>
> Ludo’.

Will do, trying to finish and send them now.

On a related note: I started packaging these to get haskells sdl2 bindings.
But I can't figure out how to get through the problem of requirements,
building ghc-linear currently gives me:

Configuring linear-1.20.7...
Warning: This package indirectly depends on multiple versions of the same
package. This is highly likely to cause a compile failure.
package lens-4.15.4 requires semigroupoids-5.1
package kan-extensions-5.0.1 requires semigroupoids-5.1
package free-4.12.4 requires semigroupoids-5.1
package adjunctions-4.3 requires semigroupoids-5.1
package linear-1.20.7 requires semigroupoids-5.2.2
phase `configure' succeeded after 1.6 seconds

And then the build fails a little later because of what
looks like a missing feature of semigroupoids-5.1...

My code for both ghc-linear and ghc-sdl2 is available[1], but can't build
because of this. Not sure I'll work more on solving it either, as I'm not
going to use them myself.

[1]:https://notabug.org/thomassgn/guixsd-configuration/src/master/modules/ton-haskell.scm#L59