Re: Mount /tmp as tmpfs?

From: Nils Gillmann
Subject: Re: Mount /tmp as tmpfs?
Date: Fri, 18 May 2018 10:53:22 +0000

Pierre Neidhardt transcribed 998 bytes:

> I was wondering if it's commendable to mount /tmp as tmpfs with GuixSD.
> I think it could be useful to speed up Guix builds.

Guix maybe, for a developer system you run out of RAM for everything
that has serious demands in RAM and/or Diskspace for building.

If waste of writes is your concern, getting a separate disk for
/tmp is a good choice. As long as you don't have to build big
applications from source/without substitutes tmpfs is alright.

Been there, tried that and considered it now only for machines that
will never build anything big.