Re: [ANN] Emacs-Guix 0.4

From: myglc2
Subject: Re: [ANN] Emacs-Guix 0.4
Date: Thu, 24 May 2018 21:02:39 -0400

Hi Alex,

Thank you for this new release. I am enjoying the cool new features!

On 05/24/2018 at 20:21 Alex Kost writes:

[...]

> I recalled that C-u prefix is already occupied by specifying an
> arbitrary profile for the package commands.  So, I'm afraid instead of
> "C-u M-x guix-dependent-packages" there will be "M-x
> guix-direct-dependent-packages".
>
> Or maybe I should just break this dull "convention" (I mean "C-u" for
> profiles) as probably no one uses it anyway :-)

+1

FWIW, ISTM this use of "C-u" is more global than typical and thus feels
a bit counter-intuitive. Since you have made it very easy to jump
between profiles in *Guix Profiles* I think it would be good to switch
to using "C-u" for more command-specific modifications. This might also
help avoid "function bloat in emacs-guix."

HTH - George