Re: libvirt

From: Christopher Baines
Subject: Re: libvirt
Date: Sun, 03 Jun 2018 09:51:36 +0100

Catonano <address@hidden> writes:

>> There's a virtlog service in gnu/services/virtualizzation.scm
>>
>> The manual mentions it too
>>
>> I'm reconfiguring right now, I'll let you know
>>

> Ok, now it works
>
> The problem is, now, that the virtual machine seems to be off line
>
> How do I set it up ?
>
> Maybe this is more about virt-manager ?

virt-manager has a way to create networks, I have one called
"vm_network" which uses NAT, I think that might be a default thing, and
it seems to work.

When you create a virtual machine, you should be able to select to use a
network. If I look at an existing machine I have, I see a "NIC ..."
device, which uses the "vm_network".

If you've got all this, it could be that the networking isn't getting
started in the virtual machine...