Re: Checking for substitutes

From: Ricardo Wurmus
Subject: Re: Checking for substitutes
Date: Tue, 05 Jun 2018 16:20:17 +0200

Hi Konrad,

Timothy Sample <address@hidden> writes:

>> I wonder if there is any way to check if substitutes are available for a
>> given set of packages (e.g. a single package with its dependencies, or a
>> complete manifest).
[…]

> There’s also the ‘guix weather’ command.  It is supposed to provide info
> about available substitutes.  I have not made much of use of it, though.

This is exacly providing this very feature.  You use it like this:

    guix weather --substitute-urls="…" -m my-manifest.scm

and it tells you what the current substitute coverage for your manifest
is for all substitute servers you interrogated.  (It does not give you a
total percentage when all servers are considered, unfortunately.)

--
Ricardo