Re: Something broke

From: Julien Lepiller
Subject: Re: Something broke
Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2018 20:28:13 +0200

Le Sun, 17 Jun 2018 18:56:46 +0000,
Jone <address@hidden> a écrit :

> Standard path is '/usr/lib/alsa-lib/', and
> $HOME/.guix-profile/lib/alsa-lib not exist. Need to change. Edit
> Makefile is bad, gexp.. it's outrageous why it couldn't be done on a
> standard Lisp. I'm sometimes an idiot :)

Ho, are you trying to write a package definition for a package that
tries to locate libasound_module_pcm_equal.so? In that case,
ALSA_PLUGIN_DIR won't help you: it works only when alsa-lib and its
plugins are installed in the same directory, as with system and user
profiles. This is not the case in during a build though. Do you mind
sharing you recipe so far? We might be able to help you better that way.

> > If you've built 3 packages for Guix, we will be glad to add them to
> > Guix once you send them to
>
> This is a BAD model. How do you not understand this?? These packages
> are not part of the system, there can be anything!

I'm sorry, but I don't understand. What are you trying to achieve?
Also, what model are you talking about? What are these packages and why
couldn't they be part of the system?