Re: No dvorak in window manager

From: Nils Gillmann
Subject: Re: No dvorak in window manager
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2018 18:35:04 +0000

Luther Thompson transcribed 1.8K bytes:
> I installed GuixSD today. When I boot up, both the login manager and
> the desktop session use qwerty. I do see dvorak when I hit Ctrl+Alt+F2
> for a non-window console. `loadkeys dvorak` has no effect in either

That is because loadkeys is for the tty. In X you would use setxkbmap
or your WM/DM provided tools for setting it. setxkbmap comes as part
of the package 'setxkbmap' in guix.

For SDDM and SLIM the fact that it's just en_US is a bug in our
invocation of it (or upstream? I forgot, simply because I opened
a bug report long time ago not to think about reasons why this
happens).