Re: French info pages?

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: French info pages?
Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2018 00:39:37 +0200

Julien Lepiller <address@hidden> skribis:

> Le 2018-06-22 17:53, Pierre Neidhardt a écrit :
>> OK, thanks for the heads up.
>> So does it mean that all languages will always get displayed in the
>> dir node?
>> If more languages get added in the future, wouldn't that clutter the
>> buffer?
>
> Yes, and that's not something we want. We don't want to hide localized
> info pages
> either, though. I wonder what a good solution could be...

Perhaps we could tweak our info-dir profile hook to run ‘install-info’
once per language, such that we’d have “dir.fr” and “dir”?

Then we would still need to Info readers to pick the right file by
default based on the locale.

In the meantime, since nobody will know about “dir.fr”, we could add a
sentence at the beginning of the English manual saying “This manual is
also available in: French, …”.

Thoughts?

Ludo’.