Re: "guix offload test" gets stuck with no output.

From: swedebugia
Subject: Re: "guix offload test" gets stuck with no output.
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2018 09:02:42 +0200

On June 28, 2018 8:09:14 AM GMT+02:00, Fredrik Salomonsson <address@hidden>
wrote:
>Hi,
>
>got inspired by this thread to try and setup offloading for my laptop.
>As
>everytime I run guix pull my laptop sounds like it's preparing to take
>off.

Hi.
Are you aware of
1) the new possibility of picking a commit that hydra already built thus
avoiding the compilation of guix locally?
2) the ability to control the cpu frequency via a governor or the program
cpufreq-set?

This helps me keep my laptop temperature in check and guix pull with picked
commit only takes a few minutes to complete.
--
Cheers Swedebugia