Re: Hard experiment: GuixSD v. 0.14 -> current version.

From: Tonton
Subject: Re: Hard experiment: GuixSD v. 0.14 -> current version.
Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2018 14:22:38 +0200

HI Jone.

What config did you use? I see you've been on the list for some time so I'm
guessing your config contains more than the barebones or similar.

A few things that may help, of the top of my head; without knowing more:

Use a package manifest and trim down anything not strictly necessary from the
packages in system config to the user manifest. Examples from my
configuration - manifest:
https://notabug.org/thomassgn/guixsd-configuration/src/master/usr-pkg-manifest.scm
How I "install" it:
https://notabug.org/thomassgn/guixsd-configuration/src/master/Makefile#L17
(this setup/makefile is currently fairly borked and buggy, but 'make p'
currently works as intended)    :-)

Comment out anything else not necessary to get a basic system up and running
in your system config, like services and others. I find it much more pleasant
fiddling with "extras" when I have a mostly working system.

Hope that helps.