Store on NFS (was Re: ~/.config/guix/current)

From: Mikhail Kryshen
Subject: Store on NFS (was Re: ~/.config/guix/current)
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2018 19:51:38 +0300

> Oh right, I thought you were referring to the configuration of the
> master node.

Concerning the master node, is there a way to specify NFS exports in
GuixSD OS configuration?

> The compute nodes would need to be able to mount /gnu/store early at
> boot over NFS, and I think that’s doesn’t work right now on GuixSD.
> I’m not sure exactly what’s missing.

I see in grub.cfg, that the kernel and initrd are loaded from the store,
so it must be available to the bootloader.  Would it be possible to
combine local and remote stores after boot with overlayfs and ensure
that all necessary items are written to the local store at "system
reconfigure" (maybe have a local guix daemon manage the local store for
"system reconfigure")?

--
Mikhail