Re: Recommendations for browsing via Tor pre tor-browser?

From: Devan Carpenter
Subject: Re: Recommendations for browsing via Tor pre tor-browser?
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2018 11:08:05 +0200

Please keep in mind that none of the interim solutions are safe compared
to tor-browser. Even using icecat with NoJS & self-destructing cookies
(which are both extensions you absolutely should have, if you're going to
use icecat over Tor) it still is inferior. One of the nicest things
about tor-browser that is missing from every other browser is its tab
isolation. Every tab you have open is an isolated session, with no
shared cookies (and even different tor circuits iirc). This way you
can't be tracked accross websites by your cookies.

There are some other anonymizing features that I forget now, but that's
the main one which stands out, and the point is that you should be very
cautious using another browser via Tor.

Christopher Lemmer Webber transcribed 254 bytes: