Re: difficulty getting networking working on new install

From: vikram sai balaji ulaganathan
Subject: Re: difficulty getting networking working on new install
Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2018 08:22:25 -0400

To add to it, you may have to restart networking service using herd command like herd stop networking and herd start networking. Wep connection may need to be marked as wpa in nmtui
Thanks
Vikram

On Thu, Aug 2, 2018, 4:31 AM Chris Marusich <address@hidden> wrote:
Benjamin Slade <address@hidden> writes:

> I ultimately want to use NetworkManager, but I just wanted to get some
> sort of connection working to start with.
>
> [...]
>
> I have included in my `config.scm` the "%desktop-services" bit, so I
> thought this should provide NetworkManager, but I don't seem able to use
> it (I'm not sure how to configure it in guixsd, and I also find no
> applet.)
>
> This is the config.scm I've ended up with:
>
> [...]
>
> (services (cons*  (xfce-desktop-service)
>                  %desktop-services))

I'm not sure how to access Network Manager from within Xfce.  Within
GNOME, you can access it via the usual "All Settings" applet.  In Xfce,
at the very least you could fire up a terminal and use "nmcli" or
"nmtui", which should be installed in your system profile by default
when you have the NetworkManager service installed.

Hope that helps - good luck!

--
Chris