backup questions

From: Benjamin Slade
Subject: backup questions
Date: Mon, 06 Aug 2018 16:05:28 -0600

Two question relating to backup:

1) In terms of backing up GuixSD, which files do I need to worry about?
(setting aside local data and application settings and so)

So far, I'm backing up:
/etc/config.scm
/var/guix/profiles/
~/.config/

2) I don't seem to be able to install `libchip` (for chop-backup). It
seems to have no substitute binaries and the local build fails.  I've
fallen back to using Borg backup for now (which seems good, but more
fragile than I'd like, especially in terms of setting up automated bash
scripts).

--
Benjamin Slade - https://babbagefiles.xyz
  `(pgp_fp: ,(21BA 2AE1 28F6 DF36 110A 0E9C A320 BBE8 2B52 EE19))