Re: ibus in GuixSD

From: Ricardo Wurmus
Subject: Re: ibus in GuixSD
Date: Tue, 07 Aug 2018 15:29:04 +0200

Hi Robert,

> I'm having a few issues getting ibus working properly in GuixSD. I'm unsure
> I've have to package the layout I want myself (just an Esperanto layout
> using x-sistemo) but I can't find any package for it, so before doing this
> I decided to take a look at how ibus-libpinyin does it. Unfortunately after
> installing ibus-libpinyin (and ibus-anthy), I can't seem to find it in the
> layouts known to ibus-settings. Is there an environment variable I need to
> set that I simply forgot to?

ibus-libpinyin works for me.  I have these relevant environment
variables set:

    GTK_DATA_PREFIX=/run/current-system/profile

GUIX_GTK2_IM_MODULE_FILE=/home/rekado/.guix-profile/lib/gtk-2.0/2.10.0/immodules-gtk2.cache

GUIX_GTK3_IM_MODULE_FILE=/home/rekado/.guix-profile/lib/gtk-3.0/3.0.0/immodules-gtk3.cache
    IBUS_COMPONENT_PATH=/home/rekado/.guix-profile/share/ibus/component
    GTK_IM_MODULE=ibus
    QT_IM_MODULE=ibus
    address@hidden

I installed the packages “ibus” and “ibus-libpinyin” in my user
profile.  I start the ibus daemon with

    ibus-daemon --xim &

Also make sure to remove ~/.cache/ibus once in a while, because it
retains exact references to store items that may no longer
exist.  (That’s a bug.)

--
Ricardo