Re: Guix on aarch64

From: Leo Famulari
Subject: Re: Guix on aarch64
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2018 00:38:20 -0400

On Mon, Aug 20, 2018 at 09:52:24PM -0600, Benjamin Slade wrote:
> Because one of the things it wanted to do (for tar?) was create a ">8Gb
> sparse file", and this would fail with an "out of memory error" with the
> a second 8Gb swapfile on top of my original 3Gb swapfile.
>
> (Unfortunately, even after I fixed that, it chugged away for over
> 24hours, when I just wanted to install `emacs` and `certbot`. In the end
> I just ended up using Nix to install these. :( )

Having to build tar from the bootstrap binaries suggests you didn't get
any pre-built "substitutes", but instead were building every package up
to emacs and certbot from source.

Aarch64 substitutes *should* be available from
<https://berlin.guixsd.org>.

https://www.gnu.org/software/guix/manual/en/html_node/Binary-Installation.html#index-substitutes_002c-authorization-thereof