Re: Updating guix for root

From: Konrad Hinsen
Subject: Re: Updating guix for root
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2018 17:02:42 +0200

Hi Clément and Ricardo,

Thanks for your replies!

I conclude from them that there is no clear recommendation yet for
dealing with this situation, so for the meantime I applied

>>  1) update /etc/systemd/system/guix-daemon.service
>>     to point to the current daemon? If so, is
>>     /root/.config/guix/current/bin/guix-daemon
>>     the right (stable) path to use?

I prefer to point to /root rather then to my $HOME which is less
reliable for reasons completely unrelated to Guix (it's on a zfs volume
shared with macOS).

So far (i.e. for about a day) this seems to work fine!

Thanks again,
  Konrad.]