Re: How to Rescue GuixSD when guile and guix arebroken?

From: Ricardo Wurmus
Subject: Re: How to Rescue GuixSD when guile and guix arebroken?
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2018 15:17:38 +0200

Hello,

> Both times, as I think, it happened this way. I run `guix pull`,
> switch off notebook while it is running (just a mistake) and then I
> run again `guix pull`, it works, but gives the errors.

The mechanism used by “guix pull” has changed.  These errors no longer
happen with the new mechanism.

> # guix gc -R $(readlink -f ~/.config/guix/latest)

~/.config/guix/latest is no longer used.  Instead “guix pull” installs a
full self-contained Guix to ~/.config/guix/current/bin/.

If you don’t have this you are likely upgrading from an old version of
Guix before that change was made.  In that case you need to upgrade to a
version of Guix that has a guile-gcrypt package, then install it, and
only then run “guix pull”.

With the new mechanism you can simply use any of the older variants of
Guix you have in ~/.config/guix/current-n-link/bin.

Hope this helps!

--
Ricardo