How to properly use channels? (my 'guix pull' throws error)

From: Hebi Li
Subject: How to properly use channels? (my 'guix pull' throws error)
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2018 21:31:50 -0500

Hi guys,

I was trying to use Marius's channel [1] for Chromium. However,
following Marius's instruction, when my ~/.config/guix/channels.scm is
in place, 'guix pull' throws me this error:

guix pull: error: failed to load '/home/hebi/.config/guix/channels.scm':
system/base/compile.scm:144:21: In procedure compile-file:
failed to create path for auto-compiled file
"/home/hebi/.config/guix/channels.scm"

My guix version is > 0.15:

guix (GNU Guix) 0.15.0-3.3d43017
Copyright (C) 2018 the Guix authors
<http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>

The channel feature should be available, as I have the file
~/.guix-profile/share/guile/site/2.2/guix/channels.scm. Is there
anything I did wrong when using channels?

[1] https://gitlab.com/mbakke/guix-chromium

--
Hebi