Re: Frequent git repository corruptions

From: Tobias Geerinckx-Rice
Subject: Re: Frequent git repository corruptions
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2018 15:31:39 +0200

Pierre,

Pierre Neidhardt wrote:
Wait... there is no memtest86 in Grub by default. How do you install this Grub module
on Guix?

Memtest86+ isn't a GRUB module, it's a bootable (as one would a kernel) stand-alone executable.

You can build it manually for now¹ or download a precompiled binary² and boot it from your existing GRUB's command line.

Or boot anything like System Rescue CD or similar, which almost always include it out of the box.

Kind regards,

T G-R

1. It's been on my packaging to-do list for a while. I'll give it a stab this weekend. 2. Since it runs without an OS, the binary doesn't need te be patched or otherwise Guixified.