Re: Need some help to remove non-free documentation

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: Need some help to remove non-free documentation
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2018 09:28:14 +0200

Hello,

Thank you for your answer.

> What I would do in a ‘snippet’ or the origin is:
>
>   1. rm -rf doc
>
>   2. Remove “doc” from the ‘SUBDIRS’ variable of the top-level
>      Makefile.in.

That would remove all documentation. However, only a tiny part of it is
non-free. I'm trying to preserve some of it.

> That way you won’t need to regenerate the build files.
>
> Does that make sense or am I too naive?

IIUC, this will unfortunately not cut it.

> (Besides we should get in touch with the folks at Grenoble University to
> see if they would agree to liberating the docs.  Perhaps Debian people
> already attempted?)

Debian encounters the same problem, see
<https://salsa.debian.org/science-team/giac/blob/master/debian/giac-doc.README.Debian>.

I don't know if they attempted to contact the author, tho.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou