Re: bug#33189: Touchpad tap

From: Tobias Geerinckx-Rice
Subject: Re: bug#33189: Touchpad tap
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2018 01:44:45 +0100

Luther,

Luther Thompson wrote:
Section \"InputClass\"
        Identifier \"touchpad-all\"
        MatchIsTouchpad \"on\"
        Option \"DisableWhileTyping\" \"on\"
        Option \"Tapping\" \"on\"
EndSection"

[...]

Neither DisableWhileTyping nor Tapping has any effect. I also set the corresponding settings in Gnome Tweaks > Keyboard & Mouse > Touchpad. If I need a Driver field or some specific Identifier, I haven't been able to find a way to determine the correct info for those fields.

Here's what I use:

 Section \"InputClass\"
  Identifier \"Touchpads\"
  Driver \"libinput\"
  MatchDevicePath \"/dev/input/event*\"
  MatchIsTouchpad \"on\"

  Option \"DisableWhileTyping\" \"on\"
  Option \"MiddleEmulation\" \"on\"
  Option \"ClickMethod\" \"clickfinger\"
  Option \"Tapping\" \"on\"
  Option \"TappingButtonMap\" \"lrm\"
  Option \"TappingDrag\" \"on\"
  Option \"ScrollMethod\" \"twofinger\"
  Option \"NaturalScrolling\" \"true\"
 EndSection

xinput(1) calls it an 'ETPS/2 Elantech Touchpad'.

Kind regards,

T G-R