Re: *** TRYING TO INSTALL GUIXSD v0.15.0 FOR DAYS ***

From: George Clemmer
Subject: Re: *** TRYING TO INSTALL GUIXSD v0.15.0 FOR DAYS ***
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2018 19:44:09 -0400

Brian Woodcox <address@hidden> writes:

> I think I’ve had it sitting like that for hours.
>
> The reason I think it’s hung in VirtualBox is the fact that within
> about 45 seconds there is no longer any activity on the hard disk
> icon.
>
> I am currently installing in Qemu and will see how that goes.

Dunno about VirtualBox. But I just did 'guix pull' on a fresh 'guix
system vm-image' running on GuixSD in QEMU. It looks the same: 4 CPUs
howling and the hard drive doing hardly anything.  But I see this in
/tmp

address@hidden ~$ ls /tmp
guix-build-guile-2.2.3.drv-0/

... and BOOTSTRP GUILEC steps are trickling out. So even thought it
feels like it, it's not hung.