Re: Where is the best place to download texlive-20170524-extra.tar.xz ?

From: Mark H Weaver
Subject: Re: Where is the best place to download texlive-20170524-extra.tar.xz ?
Date: Sat, 03 Nov 2018 02:19:18 -0400

Hi Brian,

When looking for a file that Guix is trying to download but which is no
longer available at the expected URL, I normally just do a web search
for the file name, in this case "texlive-20170524-extra.tar.xz".  Any
site will do.  It needn't be a site you trust, because Guix always
checks the sha256 hash anyway.

If you "guix download" a file with the right name but the wrong
contents, it will be successfully added to the store, but with the wrong
hash string in the file name in /gnu/store, so nothing will ever use it.
When you attempt to restart the build that failed, it will again try to
download it, because the file it needs is not in the store.  The bogus
file will be deleted the next time to run "guix gc".

I did a web search for this file name, and found this:

ftp://tug.org/texlive/historic/2017/texlive-20170524-extra.tar.xz

      Mark